Sound Shoreline Science Forum is a free forum about shoreline health. You will learn about wildlife and other needs of the shore edge of Puget Sound as well as the Shoreline Master Program process for Kitsap County. As population increases in the Puget Sound region, it is important to consider smart, safe growth that protects homeowners, public access to beaches, clean water, and the salmon, orcas and shellfish that make our way of life so special.
- What: Sound Shoreline Science Forum- Kitsap County
- When: Saturday, October 13th from 9:30 am-2:00 pm (registration and coffee starts at 9:00 am)
- Where: Klahowya Secondary School, 7607 Northwest Newberry Hill Road, Silverdale
- Cost: Free. Lunch is available for $10, veggie option available (must pre-register, link below)
• Welcome by: Ric Shattuck, President, Central Kitsap Community Council
• Curtis Tanner, Steering Committee Co-Chair, Puget Sound Nearshore Ecosystem
• Jeanette Dorner, Program Director for Salmon & Ecosystem Recovery, Puget Sound
• Dennis Lewarch, Tribal Historic Preservation Officer, Suquamish Tribe
• Jeffrey Eustis, Aramburu & Eustis, LLP
Register HERE! (http://shorelineforum.brownpapertickets.com)
The event is sponsored by Futurewise, Kitsap County Conservation Voters, League of Women Voters, Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribe, Suquamish Tribe, Washington Sea Grant, West Sound Conservation Council; with support from People For Puget Sound staff.
For more information please email Heather Trim (email@example.com) or Tim Trohimovich (Tim@futurewise.org).