Shoreline Properties at Risk
Learn how Bainbridge Island’s updated Shoreline Master Program will harm shoreline property owners.
Get ready to make your voice heard at the final public hearings during City Council meetings in March & April.
When & Where:
Saturday, March 9, 2013 • 10:00 a.m. to noon
Eagle Harbor Church • Madison at Winslow Way
- Dennis Reynolds: attorney and co-sponsor
- Bainbridge Shoreline Homeowners Representative: co-sponsor
- Aaron Laing: attorney & member of City of Bellevue Planning Commission
- Scott Roberts: Freedom Foundation
- Kim McCormick: attorney and former Planning Commission member
Learn how Bainbridge Island’s updated
Shoreline Master Program will hurt you.
- By declaring existing homes to be “non-conforming” while the
- Kitsap County SMP declares all existing, lawfully built home to be “conforming.”
- By designating a large number of existing homes to be in “shoreline residential conservancy” with strict rules limiting the use, enjoyment and value of your property.
- By creating a bizarre set of vegetation buffers that will block your view and destroy your garden.
- By banning common shoreline uses and developments such private docks.