Washington State Department of Ecology is in the review process for the Kitsap County Shoreline Master Program Update. Final public comments are due Friday 12 July at 5 PM. The SMP affects all development that takes place within 200 feet of the shoreline after the formal adoption of the program by the county and the state.
1. Provide the State DOE your comments on the SMP
Kitsap Property Alliance of Property Owners Testimony to DOE
2. Shoreline Property owners are encouraged to review the status of their property in the Kitsap County documents:
- Final Draft Inventory and Characterization
- Environmental Designation Map North
- Environmental Designation Map Central
- Environmental Designation Map South
If you believe your property is miscategorized: Summit comments to both the County and to DOE.
3. Since the SMP affects future development all Shoreline property owners should take dated photographs of their property and file them for future reference to document current property conditions.
Submit written comments and questions to:
Washington State Department of Ecology
Northwest Regional Office
3190 160th Avenue SE
Bellevue, Washington 98008
Comments must be received no later than July 12, 2013 at 5 p.m