Our Dinner Speaker for June is Kitsap County Long Range Planner Liz Williams. She has embarked on a program to streamline and revise the County Zoning Codes and Use Tables.
The goal of the program is to streamline the requirements for what can be built in your neighborhood and the process to obtain approval to build. We want to understand where you feel housing, businesses, and services should be built across the county. Your feedback will help the Department of Community Development draft proposed changes for further review later this year.
The goals for this project include:
- Modernize and streamline the requirements for what can be built in in your neighborhood and across Kitsap County.
- Reduce the level of permit review, where appropriate.
- Remove barriers to investment.
- Reduce surprises during the permit review process and clarify development standards.
- Ensure consistency and predictability across sections of the Kitsap County Code.
This project will NOT include updates to site design and development standards. For example, setbacks, density allowances, building height, and parking standards
The dinner will be at our new location of Dennys 5004 Kitsap Way, Bremerton at 5PM on Thursday May 30. For more information call More info? Pat Ryan at (360) 692-4750 email@example.com